Vancouver, British Columbia is a landmark vacation destination for Canadians and for people from all over the world. Vancouver is often called the place with the best quality of life in Canada. One who visits there does not have a hard time understanding why. For a large city, Vancouver is one of the best run. It still has its element of crime, of course, but the cleanliness and the beauty of Vancouver is second to none. Some of the things you will experience in Vancouver are:
- Culture. The culture in Vancouver is some of the best in all of Canada. Vancouver is known for its vibrant music scene which produces musicians such as Sara McLachlan and Marianas Trench. Any Canadian who is trying to make it in the music scene ends up in Vancouver. It is a city that is known as an arts center for theatre, dance, literature and film.
- Nightlife. The world famous Granville Street and Gas Light District of Vancouver are places that every Canadian knows about. This section of Vancouver is famous for its party scene and night life. Vancouverites are known for their revelries and socializing.
- Events. Being the largest city on the west coast and one of the largest cities in all of Canada, Vancouver is a major venue for traveling events, festivals, shows and concerts. Large gatherings are held at one of the many venues in Vancouver that host crowds.
- Natural Beauty. Vancouver is located on the coastline of the Pacific Ocean and has a temperate rain forest appeal to it. Though it is rainy a majority of the year, the city’s natural beauty is still stunning, complete with high mountains just inland from the city and miles of green coastline fit for kayaking or whale watching.
- Attractions. Local attractions in Vancouver are many, and include memorable stops such as a marine aquarium, expansive city parks, the historic gaslight district, the party environment of Granville Street and much, much more.